Wednesday, June 10, 2009

India needs us

For centuries, we have axed our feet in the pursuit of the illusive fruit- the hope that God would set everything right without our intervention.
The result? Today, we are perhaps one of the most hated and despised communities throughout the globe.
The Americans and British hate us. Singaporeans and Malaysians ridicule our country. Why?
Because we have abandoned our country, and sold ourselves out to every country except our own. While we remain engrossed in bettering their country, out motherland is fed to the dogs. And we still remain "bloody Indians" instead of Americans or Malaysians, etc.
Out of the 100,000 graduates of the IITs, more than 25,000 work in the US alone.
The "Brain drain" has left our country in the hands of a couple of oldies who have no idea or foresight where our country will go from here.
Some of us- the youth of India- have been lucky enough to be exposed to the intricacies of various philosophies and political institutions like Democracy, Marxism, Capitalism, Existentialism, etc.
It is for such intellectuals that this blog has been made.
We do not want to campaign for a radical leader. Nor do we want to hold hunger strikes protesting against the sorry plight of the Indian students in Australia.
We just want to create political opinion in our motherland. We want the youth of India to have an opinion about the pros and cons of Manmohan Singh becoming the Prime Minister of India, Azharuddin being elected to the post of an MP, etc.
We want to teach our not-so-responsible brothers and sisters about the abundance of political opportunities in India- the superb merits of taking up a political career in India.
I would be specially obliged if more NRIs could join this blog, so that they would be able to share their unique experiences outside India.
I just hope that the youth of India rises, and takes the world by storm.

Jai Hind.

-Ayush Khaitan
Creator of this blog

6 comments:

  1. I'm extremely proud of you, Ayush for beginning to think like this. Yes, India's only hope lies in youth like you....I hope more youngsters join your group. There is another student of ours, who is actively involved in the problems in Kashmir. If you like, you can go to my page in facebook, and read about what he is doing---his name is Junaid Azim Mattu--brilliant, sensitive and deeply concerned and compassionate.....you are a lot like him.....We badly need to get out of this hateful 'we are like that only' syndrome, and banish all hypocrisy and double standards....because everything is not and cannot be 'chalta hai yaar'....

    I'm with you, Ayush, though I don't qualify as 'youth', please do use me as your sounding board.

    Both Neel and I are immensely proud of you...

    Lots and lots of love.

    God Bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ma'am
    Really tuoched by your interest and support. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ayush. Very well written indeed. I am amazed to realise that you share exactly the same views as me. Living in a developed country and being exposed to its various impeccable systems has made me realise that India still has a lot to learn. Mind you, I will not be the one sitting here basking in the glory of another country and enjoying its countless benefits, but I will the one who actually does something 'to make my country abroad'(these are the same words I used while explaining the reason for my departure from India to the various teachers back in Kolkata....'I am going abroad to make my country abroad').

    Only very few people know this but my ultimate aim in life is to be a reformer and my sources of inspiration are figures like Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King. I am glad I found a future ally in you.

    Jai Hind

    Tanuj Srivastava

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tanuj!!!
    Immensely glad to hear from you!!

    I'm sure we'll form a formidable duo in dealing with India's problems :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really good thoughts Ayush. You need to write more and not stop here. And I would be really happy if you don't go abroad and be a part of the brain drain although it doesn't seem likely seeing your views!!

    ReplyDelete